Communication: The Heart of the Profession
The South Dakota Counseling Association (SDCA) is a partnership of associations representing professional counselors who enhance human development by providing benefits, products and services to expand professional knowledge and expertise; to promote recognition of counselors to the public and media; and to represent member's interests before federal, state, and local government.
Ethics are an important part of counseling. Counselors in all work settings should stay up to date on new and changing ethical standards in the counseling Field. SDCA tries to help counselors in South Dakota be informed when it comes to ethics. On this page you will find resources and links. Please note that some of this information might only be available for current members of SDCA and enabled with password protection.
Ethical Dilemma Examples:
Earn Ethic's CEU's: (you can do the following steps to earn 1 ceu, and you can earn a total of 2 ceu's)
* Select two of the Ethical Issues above
* Write a two page reflection paper answering the following questions:
1. How doe these cases relate to your work?
2. What did you like/dislike about the model?
3. How was this example helpful in knowing how to apply the model to your work?
4. Discuss some situations you think this model will be helpful?
* Use the ethical decision making model and apply it to a hypothetical case.
* E-mail your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
ACA Ethics Page: American Counseling Association: Includes the 2005 version of the ACA code of ethics and other important information
ASCA Ethics Page: American School Counselor Association: Many resources for school counselors related to ethics as well the ASCA code of ethics
AMHCA Code of Ethics: American Mental Health Counselors Association: Go to News & Publications on the top tool bar and then click on AMHCA code of ethics.
ACES Resources Page: Association for Counselor Education and Supervision: On this site you will find best practices for supervisors, the Code of Ethics for Supervison and many other resources.
American Mental Health
Designed and Hosted by TNL Web Consulting